The body structure of the 2011 Hyundai Genesis is made from an Ultra High Strength Steel (UHSS) uni-body. This is the first line of defense for the passengers inside the Genesis’s cabin. Hyundai has engineered advanced crumple zones to absorb and redirect forces away from the passenger cabin.
Genesis body-in-white is made of the following types of steel: High-strength steel (HSS) (56.7%), shown in green, and Ultra-high-strength steel (UHSS) (18.3%), shown in orange/red. That totals to 75%.
There are 8 airbags in the Genesis, including 2 front, 2 rear seat, dual front-advanced, and roof-mounted curtain side impact bags. An added safety feature in the seat is the active front head restraints that protect against whiplash in a rear collision. These whiplash protection systems have started to make there way into more vehicles. When the systems were first used the cost was too high so you would only find them in high end vehicles. The systems work very well!
Powered by Facebook Comments