The 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan Body Structure is a strong, lightweight Unibody is formed by welding high-strength steel sheet metal stampings to form a single structure, resulting in a stiff body structure and torsional rigidity, which contributes to better impact protection and ride and handling characteristics and helping to control interior noise.
Increased roof strength and safety cage construction protect the passenger compartment in the event of an accident, while specially designed front and rear crumple zones help absorb impact energy and redirect it away from passengers to reduce the risk of injury.
The 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan Body Structure has seven standard airbags.
- Advanced Multistage front airbags regulate and react to the severity of a crash by adjusting the airbag deployment force.
- Supplemental side-curtain airbags are specifically designed to protect all outboard front- and rear-seat passengers.
- Supplemental front seat-mounted side airbags provide enhanced side protection for the driver and front passenger. They work together with side-curtain airbags to help protect an occupant during side impact and rollover events.
- A driver inflatable knee blocker airbag deploys when the driver’s airbag deploys. It helps position the driver relative to the front airbag and avoid sliding under the instrument panel in the event of a collision.
The 2011 Dodge Durango is a unibody vehicle built with high-strength and ultra-high-strength steels. The body structure is made from 52 percent advanced steels. The inner and outer rail reinforcements protect occupants from intrusion during impact. Although Dodge does not state where heavy gauge metal is located in the body structure, it is optimally placed for increased performance. The different airbag locations are located below.
- Advanced multistage driver and front-passenger airbags
- Driver and front passenger seat-mounted pelvic and thorax airbags
- Supplemental side-curtain airbags
- Supplemental side-curtain front and rear airbags
Let’s say a Dodge Magnum rear ended the vehicle in front of it and your officer tells to you to secure the 12volt power on the Magnum. Is your first thought to go straight to the hood? Better not! Instead, look like the firefighter who knows that the battery in the 2005-2008 Dodge Magnums is located in the rear cargo area by the spare tire. Just lift up the cargo carpet cover secure the battery!
Just a quick note. I noticed visitors are looking for Boron and UHSS information listed by automaker. We are working on it! Keep checking back!
The 2007 and later Dodge Caliber has Ultra-High Strength Steel UHSS in the A-pillar, B-pillar, and roof-rail reinforcements. The B-pillar is made from a tailor-rolled, hot stamped steel which would tell you that the pillar will have different thicknesses. The two-piece pillar includes a lower section made from mild strength steel, and is combined with a tailor-rolled ultra high-strength steel upper section.
Just in case you were wondering what a Tailored-rolled steel is, here is the answer. A flat piece of metal that is stamped into a part is called a blank. A Tailored blank combines different thicknesses and grades of steel into a single blank.