Firefighters and rescue personnel should consider attending one of the annual extrication seminars and training events around the United States, Canada, and even around the world that offer different methods of instruction and knowledge. I believe training outside of your region and comfort zone will further your extrication knowledge and keep you are the leading edge. In addition, you are able to bring back fresh ideas and tactics to your department. Below is a list of extrication training seminars and events for 2013.
Make sure you follow our Facebook page!
- Date: February 16, 2013 8:00 AM
- The 5th Annual Southeastern Extrication School will be held at the Southeastern Institute of Manufacturing and Technology.
- Date: March 13 – 15, 2013 0800-1700
- The King County Fire Training Officers Association Present: 2013 Advanced Auto Extrication Featuring the Puyallup Extrication Team and their Unique Teaching Style! Minimal class time with Maximum hands-on training takes you through modern extrication practices using hydraulic and non-hydraulic rescue tools. This 3 day class (PXT 201/202/401)covers vehicle construction, stabilization, disentanglement, and tool knowledge. Scenario based evolutions give the students practical solutions for real world problems. In addition, MGSTECH will give their extremely popular Hybrid and Alternative Fuel vehicles class with up-to-date information to keep first responders abreast of new changes. Lunch is provided. Full PPE is required. Questions regarding the Academy Contact: Lt. Mark Seaver 206.818.2491 email@example.com
Heavy Metal Rescue
- Date: April 5-7, 2013 Corning, NY
- Last year, T&R Rescue Solutions brought in seven instructors from all over the United States were brought together to help firefighters understand the capabilities of towing and recovery trucks, equipment, techniques and operators as responders in motor vehicle accidents involving trucks, buses, and industrial equipment.
- Date: April 12-14, 2013
- The Corona Firefighters’ Auto Extrication Seminar trains Firefighters in the “art” of removing the vehicle from the patient. Their seminar is often referred to as “the best extrication training in the Western United States”. For more info, contact Dan Fagan CFA Local 3757 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: April 19&20, 2013
- There will be cars, buses, commercial, advanced techniques, newest equipment, Brotherhood, and a great time. Friday evening is typically a classroom session. Saturday is the hands on training part of Heavy Rescue 101.
- Date: May 4&5, 2013
- Crash Course is a two-day extrication course. It is ONLY held once a year in the spring, and is the undisputed national leader in extrication training. This course is an intense two-day, all hands-on class involving multiple extrication techniques
- Date: May 6-9, 2013 08:00-17:00
- The first day of this class will be spent reviewing extrication principles, new vehicle technology, and commercial vehicle/bus familiarization. Days two, three, and four will be held at a commercial vehicle/ heavy equipment facility. You will be challenged to work individually and in teams to respond to increasingly complex rescue scenarios. These scenarios may include; car/truck underride, partially submerged vehicles, commercial truck, school bus, basic rope haul systems, heavy lifting, and torch use. Safety will be stressed at all times
- Date: June 19-22, 2013 Leduc County, Alberta Canada
- This learning and hands on training symposium will provide an opportunity for firefighters from all over Canada to witness and participate in extremely complicated large vehicle rescue and extrications. Participants of this symposium will have the opportunity to be involved in four workshops involving complicated stabilization and extrication Techniques that demonstrate: “Cab Extrications”, “Under-Runs”, “Overturns”, and “Dealing with Cement Mixers”.
Crunch Time Extrication Symposium
- Date: September 27-29 Roscoe,IL
- Date: October 4-6, 2013 Geldern, Germany
- RESCUE DAYS is the worldwide largest training event on technical rescue. WEBER HYDRAULIK initiated a seminar series more than 10 years ago and are continuing it with RESCUE DAYS as an annual highlight. RESCUE DAYS should be on every firefighter’s bucket list!
- Date: TBA
- Date: TBA
- The second annual Southern California Big Rig Rescue Academy will be hosted by the Riverside County Fire Department at the Ben Clark Fire Training Center in Riverside, California. The 3 day So-Cal Big Rig Rescue Academy is packed full of the most current heavy lift and big rig extrication techniques. The academy curriculum is taught by the industry’s leading instructors and delivered through 80% hands-on instruction.
Southern Region Advanced Auto Extrication Seminar
- Date: TBA